May be prayed as the Marian Rosary, substituting the following prayer for the “Hail Mary”:
Mary, full of grace, and Joseph, son of David; honor to you, Mother of God, and to you, guardian of the Redeemer. Eternal praise to the child with whom you formed a family, Jesus.
Holy spouses, pray for us sinners, our families and communities, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Mysteries of the Holy Spouses Rosary
- Betrothal of Mary and Joseph (Mt 1:18, Lk 1:26-27, 2:4-5).
- Annunciation to Mary (Lk 1:28-38).
- Annunciation to Joseph (Mt 1:19-25).
- The Visitation (Lk 1:39-56).
- Birth of Jesus (Lk 2:6,15-16).
- Circumcision and Naming of Jesus (Lk 2:21).
- Presentation of Jesus (Lk 2:22-40).
- Escape into Egypt (Mt 2:13-15).
- Finding of Jesus in the Temple (Lk 2:41-50).
- Hidden Life at Nazareth (Lk 2:51-52).
If you would like to know the history and theological foundations of the Holy Spouses Rosary, we have a short introduction here. If you would like an aid to praying the rosary and to deepen your understanding of the mysteries of the rosary, then please consider Fr. Larry Toschi’s book The Holy Spouses Rosary, available on Amazon.com; also available on Amazon.com in Spanish.